Agriculture Victoria invites farming families to a free workshop to discuss options for managing animal health, groundcover and pasture recovery.
Presenters include Fiona Baker from Agriculture Victoria and Eddy Mauger from Goodman’s (Swifts Creek) or Nicole Frost from Pasture Genetics (Buchan).
The topics will include:
- Supplementary feeding, managing the transition back onto pasture and when to stop.
- Assessing pastures
- What should we be thinking about?
- What species will come back when it rains?
- Do nothing or resow?
- Animal health, what to look out for.
- Options if the dry season continues.
- Crop and pasture options for re-establishing feed and fodder reserves.
- Ground preparation for crops, pastures.
Agriculture staff will discuss drought support services available for producers
2 sessions are being held:
Swifts Creek – Tuesday the 9th of April from 12.30pm-3.30pm at 13 McMillan Avenue – please register at https://autumneventswifts.eventbrite.com.au
Buchan – Wednesday 10th of April from 10am-1pm at 5272 Buchan-Orbost Rd – please register at https://autumneventbuchan.eventbrite.com.au
Any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 5159 5134