East Gippsland Landcare Network is talking to Wellington Shire and East Gippsland Shire about collecting silage wrap so it can be transported to Melbourne for reprocessing.
We need help from farmers to gather information about silage wrap recycling
Why? Silage Wrap is a recyclable plastic
Why Recycle? To improve disposal options
How is it collected? In Bulka Bags or Plasback Bags (silage wrap shaken clean).
How Much? A small fee may be charged to help with transport costs
Please answer these questions:
1. Approximately how much silage wrap is currently on your farm?
2. Would you be willing to recycle the silage wrap?
3. Are you willing to pay small fee for disposal? (this will cover the transport cost to Melbourne)
4. Is silage wrap in Bulka Bags? Or in PlasBack Bags?
5. What is your locality? Where is the nearest main town?
6. What are the 2 best months of the year for collection?
7. Do you have any suggestions how to make silage wrap recycling possible for you?
Thanks for your help. Please send your answers to email@example.com